*Hello, dear readers. This will be my last regular Saturday post. I may post something small here and there but for the most part my blog will be in snooze mode on the weekends. But don’t fear. I will still be on the internets. Feel free to stop by and say hi on Google+ or Twitter. I’m working on making a Facebook page for My Shiny Life and will let you know when it goes live. Have a lovely weekend!*
I am so grateful that I am able to stay at home with my girls. I love them dearly. But it’s not all rainbows and unicorns. This past week was a shining example of that.
It was one of those weeks when I wish I had Captain Jack Harkness’ vortex manipulator. My girls misbehaved. I yelled. They talked back. I yelled. They didn’t listen. I yelled.
All that yelling made my head hurt. And the permanent knots in my back got tighter.
Sometimes I just want to scream “CUSS!” at the top of my lungs. But I don’t.
Instead I make sweets for all of you. You’re welcome.
- 1 box white cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a Bundt® pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, coconut milk, oil, and eggs. With a hand mixer or whisk, beat for about 2 minutes. Fold in coconut flakes.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 37-41 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar and coconut milk. Whisk until desired consistency.
- Remove cake from pan and drizzle glaze over the top. Sprinkle coconut flakes over the glaze.