Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar Ice Cream2
How was your weekend?
Did you do anything fun?
I didn’t do much except for a bit of shopping. I got a jacket, cardigan, and a skirt ($18) from Savers and flats from Goodwill ($5) and Ross ($10). I know. I bought TWO pairs of flat. I couldn’t help it. They were both really cute. And the ones from Goodwill are suuuuuuper comfortable. I think they are actual ballet flats.
My hubby also bought something pretty cool from Goodwill. I think I’m gonna have to dress up as Amy Pond for Halloween this year. Sans the red hair.
Anyone else feel like this:
Oh my goodness. It’s already April. Where the heck did this year go? And why do we have to wait so long for season 7 of Doctor Who?
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- ½ cup strawberry sauce
- 1½-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add strawberry sauce and whisk thoroughly. Add strawberry mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, drizzle in balsamic vinegar.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.