Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecakes0
I recently watched an episode of Up All Night in which the main characters, Reagan and Chris, became friends with a couple that was exactly like them. At first it went well. And then when each couples’ worst traits came to light, it got kind of ugly.
I honestly don’t know if I could hang out with a couple who was exactly like my husband and me. Okay, maybe I’m just speaking for myself. I don’t think I could hang out with someone exactly like me.
Someone who wears her crazy, emotional heart on her sleeve. And that heart happens to be neon colored and bedazzled.
Someone who can get majorly a little obsessive over things. I’ve only mentioned Paris, Doctor Who, and Blogshop … oh about a billion times.
Someone who pretends she can actually sing by turning up the radio super loud and doing the Christina Aguilera arm waving thing. You all know what I’m talking about.
Someone who often can’t leave Target without spending at least $75.00.
Someone who wishes she was a mother and wife who had it together but falls apart more than she’d care to admit.
Honestly, I don’t even know how my husband puts up with me. I guess cooking for him helps.
- (recipe adapted from Paula Deen)
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 a stick), melted
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 12 mini dark chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup plain goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- To make crust the crust: In a medium bowl thoroughly combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and almond extract. Press 2 tablespoons of crust mixture into the bottom of the paper lined muffin cup. Place 1 peanut butter cup in the center of each crust.
- To make the filling: Beat cream cheese and goat cheese together with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and almond extract, beating to combine. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Spoon cream cheese mixture over peanut butter cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely before serving.