Sprinkle Party Ice Cream13
Today I need your help.
I need some suggestions on places to visit this year.
You know, if we can afford it and have someone to watch the girls, of course.
I’ll be crossing all my fingers and toes.
Some Important Stuff
- We would only be able to travel for two weeks, max.
- Our budget isn’t extremely small but we wouldn’t be able to stay at The Ritz either.
- We both have valid passports.
- I love food. Duh. I love exploring a new city/culture through its cuisine.
- If you have suggestions for lodging in the cities you recommend, that would also be helpful.
- Cities with good transportation options (trains/subways/nice cabbies/bike rentals) are a plus.
- I’m not exactly a cabin in the middle of the woods kind of girl.
- If you’d like to donate airlines miles to us, we’d greatly appreciate it.**
As a thanks for all the amazing suggestions I know you’ll have, here’s a sprinklicious dessert.
I love sprinkles.
And anything that has sprinkles in them.
So, dear friends, where should my hubby and I go for a vacation?
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs. )
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Funfetti cake mix
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup white fudge and sprinkle covered animal cookies, roughly chopped
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of cream mixture. Add cake mix ¼ cup at a time, whisking after each addition. Add this mixture back to the cream mixture.
- Pour cream mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add sprinkles and cookie pieces.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
**Just kidding. Unless, of course, you really are super generous.