Parenthood is tough.
But then there’s also laughter.
And those quiet moments.
When you want time to stand still.
Because before you know it they’ll be grown and on their own.
I’m gonna be a wreck when my girls go to college.
- (recipe adapted from Dessert for Two)
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice of ½ an orange
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, coconut, orange zest, salt, macadamia nuts, and pecans and stir to combine.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine butter, orange juice, honey, maple syrup, and almond extract. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. If needed, microwave for another 30 seconds until mixture is completely melted. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 9 minutes.