Ahoy me hearties.
Did you all do anything fun this weekend?
I was doing some very glamorous stuff.
Like tons of laundry.
Getting rid of clothing that’s too small for my girls.
Food shopping at Target.
And helping my sister make favor boxes for her wedding.
I know. I am totally living the glamorous life.
- For blueberry sauce
- 1 pint blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- For lemonade
- ½ cup blueberry sauce
- 1 cup lemon juice (I only had lemon concentrate so I used 2/3 cup)
- Juice of 1 orange
- ¼ cup super fine sugar
- 6-7 cups water
- Take half of the blueberries, mash them until desired consistency and set aside.
- Heat water and sugar over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has completely dissolved. Add all blueberries, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
- Puree blueberry sauce in a food processor.
- Pour sauce through a fine mesh sieve into a 2 quart pitcher. Add lemon juice, orange juice and sugar. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add about 6-7 cups of water or enough to fill the remainder of your pitcher. Stir and chill.