Chocolate Peanut Butter Topped Rice Cereal Treats4
Today I’m gonna try something a teensy bit different from the norm.
I mean, beyond that sentence.
Today I want to talk about you.
Actually, I want you to talk about you.
I’d like to get to know my readers (all six of you) a little bit better.
So, here’s the deal.
In the What Are You Thinking? (comments) section below, please leave the following:
- You name (first name or nickname will suffice)
- Where you’re from or where you’re currently residing (state or country is totally fine)
- How you found my blog (random search, Pinterest)
- Your favorite guilty pleasure food/drink (nacho fries, fried ice cream, Krispy Kreme burger)
Thanks a bunch!
Oh and here’s something sweet that is ridiculously easy to make.
Start with some rice cereal treats.
Top with a melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture.
Then sprinkle on some honey roasted peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups.
See? Really easy, right?
Make it for your next shindig.
Does anyone else say shindig anymore? Gah. I’m getting old.
- (adapted from Rice Krispies)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (10 oz.) package marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- In microwave-safe bowl heat 3 tablespoons butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13x9x2-inch pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips, peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon butter. Melt for 1 minute and stir. Continue melting and stirring in 30 second intervals until mixture is smooth.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over rice cereal treat base. Sprinkle peanut butter cup pieces and peanuts over chocolate. Let sit until chocolate has set.
- Cut and devour!