So, yesterday was pretty awesome.
Here are some of my fave things from the Superbowl.
- The food. Duh.
- The half time show. I don’t care what anyone says, Madonna fricken rocked it. It was the most entertaining half time show I’ve seen in a REALLY long time.
- The VW dog commercial.
- Ahmad Bradshaw’s touchdown. I was totally confused at first and then someone pointed out that he was trying to use more time.
- THE GIANTS WON!
In case you were wondering, I didn’t make a dessert for the Superbowl party we went to.
But you can’t really go wrong with cheese and bacon.
What was your favorite part of the Superbowl?
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, stems removed
- 10 jalapeños, seeds and ribs removed, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- 6 slices bacon, fried or baked and crumbled
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Squeeze garlic into a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add Greek yogurt, Feta cheese, bacon, and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Stir until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Stuff mushrooms and jalapeños with cheese mixture. Top mushrooms and jalapeños with bread crumb mixture.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from baking sheet and bake jalapeños for 10 more minutes.