Nutella Ice Cream0
I’m living in the Stone Age.
I do not own a smart phone.
You read that right.
I do not have a Droid or an iPhone.
And I’m okay with that.
Right now I only need my phone to make calls or to send texts.
If I need to check my email, I’ve got my laptop.
If I want to take pictures, I’ve got my Canon.
I know. I know. They’re not as portable as a smart phone.
But I don’t have a job that requires me to be constantly connected.
If I do eventually get a job like that, I will probably get a smart phone.
And I will definitely have to get this to go with it.
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk.
- Pour 1 cup of cream mixture into a small bowl. Add Nutella ¼ cup at a time, whisking thoroughly. Add Nutella mixture back into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add chocolate chips.
- After ice cream is done churning, remove dasher from ice cream maker. Fold in marshmallows.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.