Today I’m going to share with ya’ll something that my husband made.
It involves fire.
Lots of smoke.
And some sea salt.
Such an easy peasy homemade gift.
- 2 cups sea salt
- 2 cups wood chips
- Soak 2 cups of wood chips for 2 hours.
- Start a charcoal fire.
- Once charcoal is ashed over (the outside is turning gray), sprinkle wood chips* directly on the charcoal.
- Pour salt in an aluminum pan, making sure to spread evenly.
- Put pan on the opposite side of the charcoal, so you’re not putting it on direct heat.
- Close grill. Grill for 1 ½ -2 hours.
- Let cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- If you find that your wood chips are catching fire, spritz them with water.