Quintuple Chocolate Pudding Pie3
And a big geek.
Whichever term you prefer.
What kind of geeky stuff does he like?
Being married to a geek is pretty cool.
It’s nice to have someone I can share my
obsession love for Doctor Who, Firefly, and Community with.
I’m also okay with him saying I know when I tell him I love you.
And I bet if I ever called him a scruffy looking nerf herder, he wouldn’t mind one bit.
- 2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (16-17 cookies)
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages chocolate pudding mix
- 2 ¾ cups whole milk
- 7 chocolate sandwich cookies, roughly chopped
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 (8 oz.) tub whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate, finely chopped or grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and a little up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate pudding mix and milk. Whisk for about 2 minutes. Pour pudding mixture over crust. Sprinkle cookie pieces over pudding mixture. Put in refrigerator while making topping mixture.
- In a large bowl add cream cheese, sugar, and chocolate syrup. Beat with hand mixer until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping. Remove pie from refrigerator and carefully spoon cream cheese mixture over pudding. Sprinkle chocolate and sea salt over whipped topping mixture. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.