I’m in a weird mood today.
I think I’m PMSing. (Sorry to any guys reading this.)
All I want to do is stay in my pajamas ALL DAY.
I want to eat
crap stuff like nacho fries, cookie dough, and pretzel bites with chocolate sauce.
I want to have no responsibilities whatsoever except for the previously mentioned things.
But seeing as I have to, you know, take care of my kids and stuff, I won’t be doing any of that.
On a totally separate note, I made some quinoa for ya’ll.
It’s not very photogenic, but it’s got bacon in it.
Bacon makes everything better.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- 3 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini (or Italian Squash), roughly chopped
- ½ medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- While quinoa is cooking, cook bacon in a sauté pan over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Add zucchini and onion to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add oregano, parsley, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flake and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add pecans, salt, pepper, and bacon pieces and cook for a minute.
- Remove pan from heat. In a large bowl, combine quinoa and chicken and zucchini mixture. Add parmesan cheese and stir to combine.