Warning: This post is not going to be the least bit funny. Or even light-hearted. It’s actually going to be very whiny, complainy (is that a word?), and self-pitying. If you want to just skip to where the chocolaty snack is, I totally understand.
The other night I asked my husband, if given the opportunity from his job to move somewhere (out-of-state), would he take it? He said no. Then I asked him if I ever had a really great job opportunity but it would mean moving, would he want to move? At first he said no. And then he said he would move only if I could fully support us financially.
I know that all of this is hypothetical stuff and it will probably never really happen, but it still made me quite sad. All I kept thinking was that if I had an amazing job opportunity and it required us moving, I would have to decline it. Even if it was possibly a dream job.
If my husband actually did have to move for work, I would follow him in a heartbeat. I would totally support him in any way that I could. I just wish he felt the same way.
Okay. Enough of this pity party.
It’s time for chocolate.
Chocolate and peanut butter, just like Troy and Abed, are meant to be together.
I ♥ pecans. Do you say pe-con or pe-can?
These are slightly addicting.
If your significant other had to move for work, would you move with them?
- (adapted from Cheeky Kitchen)
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped
- Spray an 8x8 pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Continue in 30 second intervals until chips are melted.
- Mix in the peanut butter until smooth. Slowly stir in the rice cereal. Fold in the marshmallows, pecans, mini chocolate chips, and peanut butter cups.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Cool. Cut into squares.