Christmas is in less than two weeks.
LESS THAN TWO WEEKS.
I really do love this time of year but for some reason I’m in a funk. And not the good kind. I’m slightly less excited about it than I normally am.
Why? Not really sure.
It’s time for some ice cream.
Made with Baileys®.
And some Ghirardelli chocolate chunks.
How are you doing this Christmas season? Excited or meh?
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs. )
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- ½ cup Bailey’s® Irish Cream
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and Irish cream.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add chocolate chunks.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.