In high school and college I was OBSESSED with Friends. My sisters, friends, and I watched it religiously every Thursday. Seriously, was there anything better? Every now and then I still find myself referencing or quoting Friends.
Some of my favorite scenes from Friends:
When Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler.
Enunciation with Gary Oldman.
I get obsessed a lot. I think it’s kind of a problem. Especially my obsession with Nigella. I really do want her to be my neighbor. But since the probability of that happening is one in a billion, I’ll settle for making her snickerdoodles.
I substituted the vanilla for almond extract.
I’m a bit obsessed with almond flavored sweets.
What is your favorite scene from Friends?
- (adapted from Nigella)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and almond extract and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
- With your hands (or a small cookie scoop) roll out walnut-sized balls. Roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and arrange on parchment lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When done, let rest on baking sheets for one minute then transfer to wire racks to cool.