Soooo…remember when my husband and I made a list of people we would want to see on The Nerdist? Well, the higher-ups at BBC America and The Nerdist must have been reading our minds because here are the guests that are scheduled to appear on the Christmas Eve episode of the show: Wil Wheaton, Nathan Fillion, Kumail Nanjiani, Simon Pegg, and David Tennant.
You know what else is an 11? Ice cream.
Funfetti cake batter ice cream.
With extra dinosaur sprinkles.
- 2 eggs (If you are hesitant to use regular raw eggs, feel free to use pasteurized eggs.)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup funfetti cake mix (feel free to use white or yellow cake mix)
- 2-3 tablespoons sprinkles (optional)
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl for a minute of two, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. After all sugar has been added, whisk thoroughly for another minute.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, vanilla, and cake mix.
- Pour mixture into bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- About 2-3 minutes before ice cream is done churning, add sprinkles.
- Transfer to ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.