By now, most people are in full Christmas mode. Lights are hung. Christmas trees are put up. Starbucks is selling Gingerbread Lattes.
The craziness that is Black Friday has come and gone. I was never really into that. Shopping online is more my speed. I don’t have to deal with throngs of people who might pepper spray you for an XBOX 360.
Anyhoo, here’s what I brought to Thanksgiving dinner.
Cheese Gromit! Cheese!
Do you smell bacon, Garth?
Roasted garlic. Totally optional.
You’re going to have to get out those Thanksgiving pants again.
Oh carbs. What would I do without you?
- 3-4 lbs medium russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 head garlic, roasted (optional)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put potatoes into large pot and cover with water. Heat to medium high and bring to boil. Boil for about 10 minutes. Drain into colander and return to pot.
- Combine potatoes and garlic and mash until desired consistency. Add butter and milk. Stir to combine. Fold in cheddar cheese and bacon. Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.