A while ago I wrote about jobs that I would love to have. Since then I have found another job that I’d like to add to that list. I want to be a recipe developer for a food website/online magazine.
I could work from home. I would be able to bake and cook ALL THE TIME. Plus I’d get paid for it. Doesn’t that sound good?
The one big problem with this is that I don’t think there are many positions out there for that type of job. And it’s probably really tough to get that gig. But if you know of a job like the one I described, let me know.
In other news, I made some Dulce de Leche.
Fair warning: it’s super addictive.
Seriously. It took A LOT of will power to put it away.
Excuse me while I go eat a couple more spoonfuls.
- (recipe from Bakers Royale)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with some kosher salt and tightly cover it with foil.
- Place the covered dish in a larger roasting or casserole pan and fill it up with water until it reaches three-quarters of the way up the covered dish to create a water bath. Bake for 60-90 minutes checking every 30 minutes on the water level and adding more as needed.
- Dulce de leche is ready when it takes on a brown and caramel-like appearance. Remove from the oven and whisk to smoothness. Let cool before storing.