Cinnamon Roll Cake40
You all know that I love breakfast foods. Maybe it’s because I don’t really cook breakfast that often. My husband sometimes cooks breakfast stuff on the weekends. We usually just eat cereal in the morning.
The other night we had French toast with Portuguese sausage for dinner. Instead of drizzling maple syrup on my French toast, I slathered it with Nutella. What? Nutella is made with skim milk. It’s practically healthy.
Here’s something you could make for breakfast or dessert.
Cinnamon roll cake.
- (recipe from Cookin' Up North)
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients for the cake together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake for 28-32 minutes.
- While cake is still warm, drizzle the glaze over the top.