Image via Alfred Angelo
Oh. My. Goodness.
It’s from Alfred Angelo’s Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection. If anyone wants to be super generous and buy me one of these, I also like the Snow White, Tiana, and Rapunzel dresses. As a way of saying thanks, I can bake you some muffins.
Honey and bell pepper cornbread muffins.
They don’t taste as weird as they sound.
Plus red bell pepper is supposed to be good for you.
They’re an excellent source of fiber and contain Vitamin C.
For future reference, I’m a size 4 in dresses.
- (recipe adapted from The Neelys)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ stick butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs, butter, and honey. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Fold in red bell pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the liners. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.