Last night after reading about an event that one of my favorite bloggers got invited to, I told my husband I thought that was so cool. He said that for me to get an invite to something like that my blog would probably need to have a singular focus. Like I would have to write only about food or motherhood.
I don’t know if I would ever be able to do that. I love sharing my love of food. I love sharing the joys and things other than joy that parenting brings. I love telling you guys about all the pretty things that I find online. And even though y’all might be tired of hearing about it, I love writing about my obsession with bacon, traveling, and Doctor Who.
Although it would be super cool to be invited to blog-related conferences or events, that’s not why I’m writing this blog. Plain and simple, I’m writing it for me. It’s my therapy. Waaaaay cheaper than paying to talk to a professional about my crazy life.
My blog may not have very creative recipes, stunning photos, or tons of followers but it’s 100% mine. Everyone should have something they can call their own. One thing you do just for yourself. That thing for me is blogging. And I LOVE it.
What is one thing that you do completely for yourself?
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (plus more for topping) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- ¼ cup (plus more for topping) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread into a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle additional cheeses over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers or veggies.