Meatloaf is on the top of many comfort food lists. I think that’s because almost everyone ate it as a kid. It reminds us of home and our childhood. A time when there were no bills to pay, no 40 hour work weeks, and no kids
to drive us insane to take care of.
I’ve made Nigella’s Mini Meatloaves before but this time I put my own spin on it. Can you guess what I added? That’s right. Bacon. Smoky, slightly salty, almost sinful, bacon. Did you know that today is International Bacon Day? Yeah, I had no idea either. I think you should celebrate by making this. Or by watching Footloose.
Muffin tins are not just for baking sweet stuff.
Try it. You’ll like it.
- (recipe adapted from Nigella)
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup steak sauce (such as A1)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix together with your hands.
- Divide and roll the mixture into 12 equal sized balls. Place in a 12 cup muffin tin sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.