Cake. The quintessential birthday dessert. How do you like your cake? I like my cake to be super light and fluffy. The frosting shouldn’t be taller than the cake itself. And sprinkles? Well, they just make the cake taste 20 times better.
Oh and you know how I’m a sucker for pretty packaging? I’m also a sucker for really pretty cakes and cupcakes.
With all this talk about cake, you’re probably thinking that I made one. Unfortunately, no, I didn’t. Instead I made something you can drink. A birthday cake milkshake. Intrigued? Fantastic.
Birthday cake in a glass. It’s a good thing.
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow or white box cake mix (I used Funfetti cake mix)
- 1 tablespoon (plus more for topping) sprinkles (jimmies or nonpareils)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Put ice cream, milk, cake mix, and sprinkles in blender.
- Blend until desired consistency.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.