Chocolate. Everyone has a favorite. Some like semi-sweet while others prefer milk. My personal favorite has always been dark chocolate. Anytime my dad would buy the Hershey’s Miniatures, I would search for the Special Dark pieces and eat all those first.
Did you do that too? Please tell me I’m not the only one. Please say that there are at least a couple other people who read this blog in the Hershey’s Special Dark hoarder club. We have a secret handshake and everything, you know.
This past Wednesday I made brownies. Fudgy brownies. With Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder. And they were fabulous. Seriously. I’m not just saying that to impress you. They were the best brownies I have made to date.
Of course, you can totally use regular cocoa powder if that’s what you prefer.
And feel free to leave out the cookies if you like.
But I highly recommend you give the dark chocolate cocoa powder a try.
Come on over to the dark side. It’s delicious.
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks), melted
- 10-12 crème filled chocolate cookies (such as Oreos), coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, salt, cocoa powder, and flour with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix. Be sure to not over mix.
- Fold in cookies and mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.