When I was younger I wasn’t a huge fan of salad. I avoided it as much as possible, pushing it around my plate to make it seem like I was actually eating it. And then one day I discovered something that could make salad taste really good. And no, it wasn’t bacon. Mmmmm…bacon. Crispy bacon. On a burger with avocado, caramelized onions, and gooey melted cheese. Sandwiched between a warm pretzel roll.
Sorry about that. My mind easily wanders when I think about yummy stuff like bacon. I’m back. I promise. Back to salad. One day I discovered something that could make it taste really good – dressing. I had a fondness for super creamy dressings like ranch. It made my salad taste less salad-y.
So, any guesses to what I made with some of the strawberries I had? Yup. I made a salad dressing. A slightly sweet and tangy strawberry vinaigrette.
The strawberries before they were blitzed in the blender.
It will make your taste buds do a happy dance.
What is your favorite type of salad dressing?
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped (about 6-7 strawberries)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor fitted with a blade. Blend until smooth.