Sort of a Present0
So I didn’t technically get my husband a present for our anniversary. I feel kinda bad that I didn’t since he bought me a pretty pink non-cheese-eating mouse for my laptop. I did, however, make him mud pie ice cream. And it tastes pretty darn good.
Oreo cookie pieces.
Oreo cookie crumbs.
I don’t really drink coffee but use it in desserts.
I <3 Special Dark.
Homemade chocolate syrup.
Pretty, right? But wait… it’s needs a little something.
There. That’s better.
Are you a java junkie?
What’s your favorite way to drink/eat it?
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or coffee
- 1 tablespoon Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream or half and half, chilled
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup crushed Oreo cookie pieces (about 8 cookies, crushed)
- 3 tablespoons Oreo cookie crumbs
- Chocolate syrup
- Whisk together milk, sugar, instant espresso or coffee, and cocoa powder until sugar and coffee are dissolved.
- Add heavy cream or half and half and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 24.
- Pour mixture into bowl of ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- During last five minutes of churning, add crushed Oreos pieces and Oreo cookie crumbs.
- When transferring ice cream to freezer container, layer in desired amount of chocolate syrup.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.