This is my niece Kailah-Jayde.
She came over yesterday because she doesn’t have Summer Fun on Fridays. Since Thalia was at school (actually on a field trip at the beach) I had to find an activity for us to do so she wouldn’t have to just watch TV all day. I found this recipe for Giant M&M Cookies for us to make.
I let her do most of the work.
The recipe said the dough is supposed to make 20 cookies. We ended up with 12. Oops.
We had some leftover cookie dough. And yeah, we totally ate it.
As you can see, they came out pretty huge. They ended up being slightly under baked at first, I’m sure due to the extra dough we added to each scoop, so I just put them in the oven for about 7 more minutes. They were okay after that.
We used a ¼ cup measuring cup for scooping the dough for both of these cookies. Obviously the M&M cookies were made with a very generous ¼ cup scoop.
As for taste? Two enthusiastic thumbs up.
How was your Friday?
- (recipe from What's Gaby Cooking)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Half bag of Valentine’s M&Ms (I used regular M&Ms)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Scoop out a ¼ cup size of dough and roll it into a ball. Roll it around in some M&M’s and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place 6 cookies on a sheet since they will spread due to their size.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let rest on the baking sheet.
They might look a little under baked in the middle – but don’t fear!! They will continue to bake a bit once removed from the oven.