I love carbs. Bagels, tater tots, anything with sugar. I love it all. Whenever I make pasta, I usually make garlic bread to go with it. I make it by adding my own herb garlic butter to a store-bought loaf of French bread. Since I forgot to buy a loaf this week I tried to find something that would satisfy my carb tooth. Yes, there is such a thing. It’s like having a sweet tooth but with carbs. I found a recipe for this.
They are pillowy bites of cheesy carb goodness. Light and airy with lots of flavor. A worthy substitute for regular garlic bread.
Are you a carb lover too? You are? I knew I liked you.
- (recipe from Dunkin Cooking The Semi-Homemade Way)
- 3 teaspoons oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon Johnny's Garlic Season (I used garlic powder)
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray, place the muffin pan on a cookie sheet.
- Add ? of a teaspoon of oil to the bottom of each cup.
- In a small bowl combine the milk, egg and egg white, mix well using a whisk.
- Add the flour and garlic season then mix well, once fully combined stir in the cheese.
- Warm the cookie sheet/muffin pan in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 5 minutes.
- Once heated divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove popovers from the pan and serve warm.