Tailgate Favorite Remix2
When my husband and I used tailgate before UH Warrior Football games (GO BOWS!) I almost always brought rice cereal treats. Our friends never got tired of them. We stopped tailgating after we had kids and I didn’t make rice cereal treats for a very long time. Yesterday I made them, just slightly modifying the original Snap, Crackle and Pop sweet snack. I added some matcha.
They’re still really yummy and the matcha flavor was just right. Not too overpowering or too subtle. I don’t know how my tailgating friends would like it but it gets a shiny gold star in my book. What are your favorite foods to bring to a tailgate?
- (recipe from adapted from Rice Krispies)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 teaspoons matcha green tea powder (or however much your taste buds desire)
- 1 package regular marshmallows (10 oz.) or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add matcha green tea powder and stir until combined. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13x9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Or larger ones if you so desire. Best if served the same day.