Okay, so I didn’t have any bananas but wanted to try this granola bar recipe. To compensate, I just doubled the peanut butter. I only recommend doing this if you REALLY like peanut butter. And make sure you have something to drink while eating it. Otherwise you could end up like this guy. I also recommend letting the granola cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before cutting them into bars. It will help keep them from crumbling too much. Overall, it’s a very simple recipe with things you might already have on hand in your pantry. As an added bonus, it’s a healthy snack for your kids or yourself. Oats have been known to help lower cholesterol. Next time I make this I will be sure to follow the ingredient list exactly and refer to the finished product as Hunks of Burnin’ Love.
- (recipe from Fake Ginger)
- ½ cup peanut butter (natural or regular)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup coconut
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat peanut butter in microwave just until it’s easy to stir.
- Combine it with brown sugar, honey, banana, and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add in oats, coconut, and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into a prepared 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting.